If you’ve read my post “A Little More About Me” then you may remember that I spoke about my quilting being put on pause for several years and then picking it up again. Something I found very helpful was watching youtube tutorial videos and downloading their free quilt patterns.
I’d like to share five great tutorials that are available for free as well as a free quilt pattern.
- Jordan Fabrics has a great video on the pattern Chain Links. She uses Kaffe fabrics for her quilt but I believe this would be a wonderful scrappy quilt or batiks or even reproduction 30s fabrics.
Here’s the link to download Chain Links: https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/chain-links
2. SewVeryEasy offers several different videos from quilting to sewing a surgical cap to sewing a neck pillow. If you love hexagon quilts but shy away from them because they sound difficult then this video will show you tips and tricks.
Here’s the link to her free Hexagon Star pattern. https://studioefabrics.net/by-the-sea-quilt-2/
3. I found this next tutorial at Just Get It Done Quilts. I like this one because it’s a quick and very easy quilt to make. Especially if you need a quilt fast!
Here’s the link to “Little Genius Stripe” quilt pattern: https://www.justgetitdonequilts.com/stash-buster-patterns
4. Here’s another video/pattern from Jordan Fabrics. The Churn Dash block is a favorite among quilters.
Here’s the pattern link for the Churn Dash Pattern: https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/free-patterns-thumbnails
5. I am working on a quilt with these two blocks. I was able to cut mine using my Accuquilt 8″ Mix and Match Cube Set and the 8″ Angles Set. I love how easy it was to cut with my dies and sew together. One of my favorite things about the Tennessee Waltz is the illusion of the curve.
Here’s the download for the dimensions and finished measurements: https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Assets/Downloads/TennesseeWaltzQuilt_forDownload.pdf
Be sure to check out some of the other great videos that these contributors have available on youtube. If you have a request or suggestion, I would love to hear from you.
Have a great week of sewing!